The team has decided to start the chain over this Sunday March 17, 2019 at 11:59:59pm GMT. We came to this conclusion after much hard thought and trial and error at a soft fork. We were noticing many orphaned blocks and admittedly messed up some of the parameters on the coin. Beaver is so early that it just makes sense to start over and avoid any errors.
Here's what we will be doing:
- We'll be pre-mining everyone's coins mined as of the restart time above, and distribute them back on March 18, 2019.
- We're going to be changing the block parameters (TBD), but not the coin supply.
- New binaries and wallets will be released shortly after the restart time above.
- Some avatars for ourselves instead of stock photos (since forum users love to call "scam" instead of getting some fresh air).
- Alex gets an avatar too instead of his real photo.
- Launch with the official mining pool up and running.
- Get some bounties started!
Keep an eye on this blog! It will be updated with various news about Beaver, freelancing, remote workers, and entrepreneurship!